Job Description: Lead Carpenter
Main Responsibility: To plan and execute profitable production activities, as assigned by the Production Manager or Owner, that support the goals of the company.
Activities: The position’s activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Insure company and customer satisfaction through professional appearance (no shorts, sleeveless shirts, open toe shoes, etc.), expert workmanship, and polite communication.
- Attend all company/client meetings as scheduled by the Owner/Project Manager or Production Manager.
- Oversee job sites as assigned, maintain appropriate care and custody of customer belongings (protect furniture/belongings in work areas), provide security when leaving sites (lock all doors/windows, secure keys, maintain job site key boxes, etc.).
- Execute projects by producing billable work allowed for within approved job scopes.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and clean job site.
- Review quotes and job details as assigned.
- Create an anticipated project schedule (critical path) in advance of project commencement as assigned.
- Adjust schedule as needed based on production realities and communicate such to Production Manager.
- Advise subcontractors of proposed schedule and/or changes as assigned.
- Verify and confirm material lead times and purchase orders as needed to maintain efficient schedule.
- Execute accurate material take-offs and orders.
- On a daily basis, inform the Production Manager of the progress of projects, including any customer concerns, problems, delays, etc.
- Supervise the activities of field carpenters and/or independent subcontractors, which include oral and written communication as needed.
- Be responsible for the efficient and profitable use of the company’s time, manpower, and materials on each project as included in job scope and work orders.
- Responsible for tracking the progress and maintaining profitability of the projects under his/her supervision and reporting to the Production Manager.
- Develop and provide safety and skill training for self and other company employees on an ongoing basis.
- Execute field change orders as appropriate for changes in job scopes. (Changes that affect budget to be executed by Owner/Project Manager).
- Monitor and maintain accuracy of information transferred from the field to the office.
- Insure the image of the company is supported by the appearance and activities of the installation teams and job sites.
- Provide and maintain an operational inventory of necessary tools, safety equipment, equipment and vehicles to perform specific activities assigned.
- Enforce the company safety program.
- Execute field training that will improve field staff technical skills and production procedures.
- Receive payments from clients as directed.
- Assist in the company’s marketing as directed, which may include job site marketing, events, canvassing, online marketing, customer satisfaction follow up, etc.
- Voluntarily attend industry seminars and trainings to obtain new product knowledge and new installation procedures.
- Actively and consistently seek out additional vendors and suppliers who can help us continue to deliver quality services and materials, while also expanding our service offerings.
- Perform verbal and written employee evaluations of those under their supervision and direction as directed.
- Interview prospective new hires as directed by Production Manager.
- Seek additional responsibility and guidance from company management as needed to enhance existing skills, learn new skills, and create potential for professional advancement.
- Look for and seize opportunities to sell additional services or change orders on existing projects if it will add value for the customer.
- Execute highly physical tasks including, but not limited to, lifting, moving, loading, and unloading heavy materials and/or equipment that may weigh over 75lbs, as well as working from ladders, scaffolding, and in residential crawlspaces and attics.
I have read and understand the above job description and requirements for the position I am applying for.